Title: CLEA seminar 16/09: Resource Allocation as Evolving St
Subject: reminder/correction CLEA seminar 16/09
From: Ellie D'Hondt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 17:07:11 +0200
Hi all,
You are all invited to participate in our next seminar, which takes place on Thursday the 16th of September, 3pm, room 10F720 (so building F, 10th floor, room 720).

Alain Gaetan Njimolu Anyouzoa: Resource Allocation as an Evolving Strategy in a Free Entry and Exit Setting

Keywords:Distributed Resource Allocation, Game Theory, Evolutionary Game
Theory, Classical Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics,
Self-Organization, Load balancing, Complexity Theory, Price Dispersion,
Quantum Price, Opportunity Sets, Cooperative Games with Stochastic Payoffs,
Cooperation, Coordination, Mutualism, Information Imperfection, Dynamical
Systems Analysis, Mesoscopic Physics.

Abstract: see attachment

Only 3 days after his PhD defense he will talk about the splendid interdisciplinary work done in his thesis. The idea is to have a discussion afterwards, specifically on the philosophical/ontological aspects of the quantum behaviour discovered in his thesis.
I hope to see you all then!
Ellie

Ellie D'Hondt
CLEA
Vrije Universiteit Brussel (VUB)
Krijgskundestraat 33 / B-1160 Brussel / BELGIUM
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.vub.ac.be/CLEA/ellie/homepage/welcome.html
Phone : +32-2-644 26 77              Fax   : +32-2-644 07 44

Following the view point of Evolutionary Dynamics, we have built a multi-agents system to study the emergence and disappearance of replicators in an heterogeneous network of resources. The class of systems we are looking at are systems facing structural uncertainties (supply structure and growth, concentration level, substitute products, ...). In our approach [1, 2] resources are modeled as strategies, and agents distribute processing requirements onto resources using imperfect information and local decision making. Although our agents are endowed with bounded rationality [4], they still have to face the challenge of dealing with imperfect understanding of the feedback structure from resources which use unintendedly rational heuristics to set resources' unit prices. Our intent is to achieve cooperative equilibrium using competitive dynamics by controlling congestion through capacity pricing. To achieve this, we have relaxed Olafsson's [1] model and built into it a distributed differentiate pricing scheme to improve loose coupling between agents and resources. In this paper, we explore its dynamics from the perspective of both agents and resources.
--

Francis Heylighen
Center "Leo Apostel"