Superb!

Can anyone put me straight on 'accelerations' or 'stagnations' in evolution?
In immunology, there is the 'Generator of Diversity' (GOD), a mechanism to in the thymus generate the (almost) infinite diversity of T-cell specificities towards antigens (bacteria, viruses...) It is a 'machine' generating minor changes in the gene of the hypervariable part of the antibody molecule. These clones then get selected by the environment.

Jan