Conference Announcement -- Cancun 2005: The 49th Annual Meeting of the
 International Society for the System Sciences

The 49th Annual Meeting of the International Society for the System
Sciences
  July 1st - 5th 2005
  Westin Hotel Resort and Spa
 Cancun, Mexico

THE POTENTIAL IMPACTS OF SYSTEMICS ON SOCIETY

 An invitation from Enrique Herrscher, ISSS President (2004-2005)

 October 1, 2004

 Dear ISSS Colleagues:

 I wish to welcome all of you, and invite you to join me at the 49th Annual
 Meeting of ISSS, to be held in beautiful Cancun, Mexico.

 My hope for this meeting is that it will not primarily be a "paper
 presentation meeting". Dialogue, round table discussions, symposia
organized
 by interested parties and joint discussion of related papers organized by
 SIG chairs will be favored over traditional paper presentations. These
 however will be duly incorporated in the Proceedings.

 For the full text of the conference invitation and paper guidelines, please
 visit:
 http://www.isss.org/conferences/cancun2005/announcement.html

 To download a registration form for the conference, please visit:
 http://www.isss.org/conferences/cancun2005/

 A registration form for the Westin conference hotel is also available on the
 conference web pages, and these should be completed and then sent directly
 to the hotel in Cancun.  The ISSS office cannot process the hotel
 reservation forms.

 The deadline for papers is April 15th 2005.

 Please send abstracts to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Abstracts will be forwarded immediately to the program chairs for action.

 Registration forms should be sent with abstracts.

 As in previous years, there will be a Vickers Award given for the best
 individually authored student paper. Details of the Vickers Award can also
 be found on the conference web pages.