From: listsad...@lists.myitforum.com [mailto:listsad...@lists.myitforum.com] On
Behalf Of Michael Tavares
Sent: Thursday, December 8, 2016 7:50 PM
To: exchange@lists.myitforum.com
Subject: [Exchange] Exchange 2016 Federation with Exchange 2013

So I have been fortunate in my career to not have to deal with companies being
bought/sold merging, etc that required 2 completely separate Exchange
Environment's to be able to exchange email and free busy info.

So I have a couple of questions for those of you that have done this in the
past.

1. what is the best approach to take so that we can look them up in our
Exchange Environment and they can look us up in theirs?
2. I have read up on Federation but I still a little fuzzy on how the whole
thing works.  I am assuming since it says we can look up their free/busy info
(and them ours) that it must give us some way of looking them up in the Gal
right?