Hi - I am currently investigating the feasibility of using O365 archiving for
our organisation. We currently are using Exchange 2010 on-premise (upgrade to
2016 later this year) and use Exchange Online Archive(on-premise) but would
like to offload archiving to O365. I have the tenancy already setup and
configured, and I can move mailboxes/archives to the cloud and back without a
problem. Where I am having an issue is with using a on-premise mailbox with
archive in O365, once I migrate the archive out and assign the license
everything works ok, however when this is done, I have no administrative
abilities to do anything with the archive in O365 console. Effectively the
archive disappears from admins view in the O365. With powershell I can see the
status of the archive and could probably do additional tasks, however this is
not an easy task to do for the help desk guys.
I was kind of expecting to be able to manage archives and do inplace holds and
do ediscovery etc all from within the O365 console, to meet our compliancy
requirements.
Am I missing something? Has anyone had any experience with this? Any third
party tools that people could recommend?
Thanks
Todd
you have received this mail in error please notify the originator of the
message. This footer also confirms that this email message has been scanned for
the presence of computer viruses.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the sender specifies and with authority, states them to be the views of
the CBH Group.