Chris Corbyn wrote:

> See the error message below whilst testing what happens when trying to
> deliver mail to a non-existent user on an exim setup using virtual
> domains in an UW-vIMAP style.  When sending to a user that does exist it

My crystal ball is broken, so you should probably write a little more
about your config:
- which exim version
- the exact router/transport from your config file
- how a file in the "UW-vIMAP style" look like (example line)

> If anyone sees that they'd be a little confused LOL :D ... The expansion
> of the string works fine with users that do exist, perhaps I can put
> some sort of "if..else" in there to avoid that mess being sent back?

You could put the extract into the lookup (like "${lookup ...
{extract...{$value}}}"), but that depends on your config details...