Joerg Sommer wrote:

>>> I don't think this helps.
>> Why not? It's a precondition, so the router will not run (and therefore
>> not defer) if ~/.forward is not accessible.
> As I understand the spec the check is only if the user exists (in
> /etc/passwd). This is always valid, because uucp is part of the default

No, it will check if the user has access rights to the specified file.
If the user does not exist, the precondition will fail. If the user
exists but has no read rights for the file, the precondition will also
fail (this is what require_files is for, after all).

> I would say Debian should add uucp to its alias file. Otherwise the
> default installation would fail.

Actually, "uucp: root" _is_ in the aliases file of the Debian system I
have access to. The file was generated by eximconfig.