On 2006-02-24 at 13:21 +0000, Tony Finch wrote:
> You can do it as a general rule if you have a sufficiently studly sieve
> implementation - it needs the variables extension.

Since draft-ietf-sieve-variables-08.txt only defines scalar variables,
you're not going to be able to validate the sub-address against a
known-good list.  So it's probably safe if you map to INBOX.list.${1} or
whatever (especially if you check for "." to prevent auto-filing to a
spam folder (not the same security risk)) and so better than the normal
behaviour, yes.  Quite tasty looking, in fact.

But the Cyrus auto stuff, which Dennis was invoking, doesn't insert that
extra hierarchical componenent and so the entire hierarchy under INBOX
(and Post-able by the recipient) is affected; that includes trash
folders, special action folders (auto-learn as spam/ham folders) and so
on.

Earlier today I updated the cmu.edu cyrus-imapd CVS check-out I have and
I'm not seeing support; do you have this support as a patch to Cyrus, or
to another Sieve implementation?  Any details available online?

Ta,
--
I am keeping international relations on a peaceable footing.
You are biding your time before acting.