Hi,

How to integrate blacklists is well documented. And also how to pass by these blacklists by having local configuration files with trusted mail servers can be found on the mailing lists.

I however cannot find how to use a DNS based whitelist like the nlwhitelist or the bewhitelist.

I was guessing it should be something like this:

accept message = X-Blacklist-Whitelisted: $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain
         dnslists       = nlwhitelist.dnsbl.bit.nl

warn message = X-Blacklist-Warning: $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text) log_message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
        dnslists        = sbl.spamhaus.org:virbl.dnsbl.bit.nl:relays.ordb.org

I however would expect that sending a mail through a mailserver that is on the nlwhitelist would be tagged with the X-Blacklist-Whitelisted header. This however seems not to be the case when I tested this.

Or should it be perhaps something like this?:

warn message = X-Blacklist-Warning: $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_text) log_message = $sender_host_address is listed at $dnslist_domain ($dnslist_value: $dnslist_text)
         dnslists        = ! nlwhitelist.dnsbl.bit.nl
        dnslists        = sbl.spamhaus.org:virbl.dnsbl.bit.nl:relays.ordb.org

Can someone point me to the right direction (if there actually is a right direction...)

The basic question is that I want to still receive mail from whitelisted servers that also are on a blacklist. (for now I use a warning, when I have enough confidence I will add certain blacklists to a deny statement). If I can also tag mail with that they come from whitelisted servers that may be a nice feature but not a necessity.

Sincerly,
Pascal -- ## List details at http://www.exim.org/mailman/listinfo/exim-users ## Exim details at http://www.exim.org/