On 2006-03-21 at 21:53 +0100, Nicolas KOWALSKI wrote:
> From time to time, the procmail delivery transports fails because
> procmail terminates with a sigsegv. Our problem is that this generates
> a permanent error, and the original mail is lost.
>
> How can we change such errors as temporary ones ?

Write a very small wrapper program (in C for speed, or Perl) to wrap the
program and catch the signal, then return a normal error code.  Exim can
be configured with temp_errors to treat certain exit codes as temporary
errors.  If your program returns EX_TEMPFAIL (commonly 75) then this is
one of the values in the default temp_errors.

Exim doesn't support treating signal exit as a temporary failure, hence
the need to wrap it.  You can take the opportunity to use setrlimit() to
ensure there are no core files, too.

Regards,
-Phil