Jeremy C. Reed wrote:

> Has there been any discussion of patching exim to add greylisting support
> (so outside programs are not needed)?

Probably, but I don't think it's worth the hassle. You can do it more
easily and much more flexible with Exim's ACLs, so there's no good to
code this in the main C code.

> But also needed would be a way for Exim to keep time and expire the
> greylisted entries. (Or is that already doable?)

sure, just use
warn
 condition = ${lookup sqlite {delete from bla where ...}}

but that's not really needed for _every_ connection. running this once a
hour or day should be sufficient.

> Also, it would be interesting to have greylisting within exim so you could
> choose when it is used based on the dialog or host.

You have the full power of Exim's ACL, you'll hardly get something better.

http://plonk.de/sw/exim/greylist.txt

> p.s. Anyone using spamd spam deferral daemon and available to review a
> chapter I am writing about it?

I'm using spamd but I don't know what a "spam deferral daemon" is.