Quoting Jerry Stuckle:

> I'm sorry.  Yes, they are.  I was not asking for advice as to whether or
> not I should block other countries.  I was asking how to do it should I
> do so.

It doesn't matter much. Starting a thread neither means owning the
thread nor having control over it. Everybody is free the give his
opinion about it.
Just to give an example: If somebody ask "how can redirect all mail to
postmaster to /dev/null" there will surely be people advising against
it, even if the questioner didn't ask if it's a good idea. And frankly
speaking, I'm very reluctant on helping people doing things that are
plain wrong (in my opinion).

> Reminds me of a lot of consultants I ran into when I was an IT
> consultant.  They knew what the customer needed better than the
> customer.

Consultants are just like lawyers: 97% of them give the rest a bad name.
But often enough, the consultant _does_ know better, because the
customer does not even know what he really wants. But it depends on
whether you hire somebody to solve a single, well-specified issue, or
ask somebody "help me make more money".
Anyway, often enough I advised customers coming up with some half-baked
idea not to do it, and I'd say almost all of them were happy with it
afterwards.

>>> no clients outside the local area, and no distributors outside the
>>> United States.
>> With this attitude, this will not change.
> Again, you know nothing about me, my company nor even what line of
> business I am in.  Yet you already know how much my company will grow.

No, I don't know anything about you or your company. And I could not
care less about it. This is about blocking mail. Pointing out your great
company, you being the big boss of it, your 400 years of IT experience
or whatever doesn't add any relevant facts to the discussion.

>>> spam.  Some people get up to 50 spams per day, even with the filters in
>> So your filters are not good. Blocking countries will not solve your
>> problems.
> Our filters are good.  But we need them better.  And it is up to

Obviously, they are not good, but that depends on your definition of
"good", of course. The spam volume in my inbox is 3 messages per day
(maximum, most of the time it's 0 or 1), without blindy blocking hosts
based on some far correlation.