On 2007-11-22 at 15:25 +0300, Grigoriy S. Gusew wrote:
> I`m having problem with exim-4.68 installed on FreeBSD system

I have Exim 4.68 running on FreeBSD 6.2 on one of my systems.

> The problem is that exim creates a child process handling incoming
> connection, I can input only following SMTP commands:
>
> 220 mydomainname.com , ESMTP EXIM 4.68
> helo adminhois
> 250 mydomainname.com Hello adminhost [194.187.207.211]
> MAIL FROM: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 250 OK
> RCPT TO: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> 250 Accepted
> DATA
>

> Connection to host lost.

Have you updated any libraries which Exim is linked against?

$ ldd `which exim`

Look for "not found" -- rebuild Exim ("portupgrade -f exim").

Look for "compat/", eg "/usr/local/lib/compat/pkg/" -- you upgraded a
package via Ports and did so correctly, so the Exim binary is finding
the preserved library but for some reason this is not working out well
(eg, old client library talking to a newer server which doesn't
interoperate well with older libraries) and rebuild Exim.

Failing that:
# ktrace exim -d ....
# kdump | less

(ktrace as root if Exim is setuid).

My guess is that you have content-scanning enabled and there's a problem
with the interface library.

-Phil