On 2007-12-06 at 01:42 +1100, Ted Cooper wrote:
> If I just use the exim -be command line and type in pretty much anything
> over multiple lines it works ok so it's going to boil down to an issue
> with shell escaping.

No, the shell leaves those backslashes in.

The problem is that the \\\n elimination is done in the config reading
code or for cases like interactive -be within get_stdinput().  This just
isn't done when parsing strings from argv.

The \\\n stripping is part of "reading the config file" or "reading from
stdin", instead of "how stuff is expanded".

Not intuitive, perhaps a bug.  Drav knows how to file a bug-report if he
thinks this is one.  :^)

-Phil