On Sunday of August 3 2008, Rafał Kupka wrote:
> > As you probably noticed questions about simulating postfix's always_bcc
> > are sent to the list every month. Last is yesterdays "[exim] Backup
> > Incoming/outgoing Mail". Archiving incoming mails is pretty
> > easy and straightforward, like
> >
> > final_delivery:
> >   shadow_transport = archive_incoming
> >
> > archive_incoming:
> >   driver = appendfile
> >   file = /mail/archive/mail-to/${domain}/${local_part}/${tod_logfile}
> >
> > with this scheme recovery of lost mail is really simple. It would be
> > really useful to make it work for outgoing mails...
>
> Look at: http://wiki.exim.org/FAQ/Miscellaneous/Q5033
> You can also use a special router to make unseen deliveries, some
> examples should be in exim-users archives.

I know that solutions but the problem is that I will get the mail delivered to
archive account, but I don't know who would be real recipient of this mail
(because other routers would change the mail, redirect it, copy, forward
etc.) Additional problem is that router rules can be different at the time of
oryginal delivery and at the time of recovery (in case I want to reinject
mail from archive to get it delivered again). Making it work at transport
level (*after* all routing is done) seem to be much better solution.

I'm looked at exim's sources and it seems pretty readable and well commented.
I don't have much time tonight, but I'll try too chec kwhat would be needed
to implement basic shadow_transport for smtp delivery soon...

regards
--
Marcin Gryszkalis, PGP 0x9F183FA3
jabber jid:[EMAIL PROTECTED], gg:2532994