Hi Brian,

thanks for the elegant solution, it does work with an addition of returning
{$sender_addresses} instead of just {true} ;)

copy_to_local_sender:
        driver = redirect
        check_ancestor
        qualify_preserve_domain
        data = ${if
match_domain{$sender_address}{+my_local_domainlist}{$sender_address}}
        unseen

The sender and recipient check are performed in ACLs, so I believe I should be
fine.

For others who are looking to a solution of how to self copy sent messages (ala
setting self bcc on a client) it might be good to use this router.
Now my setup is as following.

###EXIM part###
ACL for verification
#verify recipient
accept domains      = +my_domainlist
       endpass
       message      = ${if match{$acl_verify_message}\
                      {\N(?m)^\d{3} (\d\.\d\.\d .{0,120})\Z\N} \
                      {IMAP said: $1}{Recipient unknown/invalid}}
       verify       = recipient/callout=random,5s,defer_ok,no_cache

#verify sender
require verify        = sender/callout=defer_ok,random,5s

#Router
copy_to_local_sender:
  driver = redirect
  check_ancestor
  qualify_preserve_domain
  data = ${if match_domain{$sender_address}{+my_domainlist}{$sender_address}}
  unseen

##Cyrus/Sieve part for moving the message from Inbox to Sent
if anyof ( header :contains "From" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]",
           header :contains "From" "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
        )
         { fileinto "INBOX/[EMAIL PROTECTED]"; stop; }

The only downside, is that the messages would appear as New in your Sent folder.
but I guess there should be a workaround for that too.

yours,
kos