How about HAND loading the boot code on the old Altair front panels EVERY
friggin time you wanted to start the machine via the paper tape loader...

Or having to "role your own" drivers for Kennedy Tape drives for PDP-11's
because Dec did not support them...

Punch card Job entries, submitted at night, results posted the next day...

Apple III's running CPM cards... Cyber Cobol...

APL (gasp!)

etc... ah yes the good old days, may they rest in peace.

Now where did I leave my portable MP3 player...

-JMS