On Thu, 27 Jul 2000, you wrote:
> No...another machine I have, but they're not networked yet. I was
> wondering what to do when the occassional hard freeze happens. Thankfully
> it doesn't happen very often with Linux and I REALLY hate doing hard
> boots when it does.

Heh. Well, what're you waiting for??? Network 'em and get
SSH or SSH2 installed and get the client for whatever O/S
your other machine is and install it.

OTOH, recently my RedHat box was so unstable and
hard-locking that I couldn't even SSH into it. IT turns out
that one of the two processors was bad and eventually, it
wouldn't even boot all the way with that processor
installed. :-/ Removing the bad processor took care of all
my problems, including any heat-related ones. :-)
        John