From: Gavin Clark [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, July 27, 2000 9:31 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [expert] network administrator

on 7/26/00 5:52 PM, Don  wrote:

> Well I suggest that you get a copy of Linux with some documentation and
try it
> out.  It also helps to know a good deal about the hardware you plan to run
> Linux on.  Good Luck,
>
> Don ....
>
> On Tue, 25 Jul 2000, you wrote:
>> Hello there
>>
>> I am a Windows NT Network Administrator "MCSE" now i would like to extend
my
>> skill & go for Linux Administration. now the question is that does my
>> being an Nt administrator help me in any way with Linux.?
>> Also what should i know to be a good Linux Admin ? I heard linux users
have
>> do a lots of  programing too do i have to do that as well ?
>>
>> thankyou
>> Faisal

Beware- most of the linux books in print are just printouts of what you can
get for free on line.

check out informit.com for free html tech manuals

the bottom line is this: you're going to have to try it to know.

So pick up a book called 'linux network servers' by craig hunt and a $3.00
Linux CD from cheap bytes (mandrake is nice) and go for it. See how much you
can get running in a week.

Gavin