Alan Shoemaker wrote:

> Mark Weaver wrote:
> [snip]
> > Might someone on here have any idea what could be causing Netscape to corrupt
> > its mailrule file?
> [snip]
>
> Mark....I'm using 4.74 and have not had any such problems with
> it.  But I did have problems with the message filters (I guess
> this is what you mean by a mailrule file) getting screwed up
> (I actually lost all of the rules completely) a few releases
> of Netscape back.  What seemed to cure it for me was this.
>
> I noticed that the corruption/loss seemed to occur when I was
> cutting (actually copying) info from messages and pasting this
> info into a filter (either into a new one or editing an old
> one).  So, I quit cutting (copying) and pasting when creating
> and maintaining filters and the problem stopped.  Hope this
> helps.
>
> Alan

You can copy/paste if you remember to delete the whitespace that NS puts in
front of the pasted text; this can include a newline character.  At worst, edit
the mailrule file with your favorite text editor and look for a wrapped
"condition=" line...  remove the linewrap & unnecessary whitespace and save it.
No need to restart Netscape.

HTH,
Pierre

--
Linux (Up 28 days) -- Reboots are for system upgrades...
Currently running 222 processes; CPU activity: user=0.2%, system=1.4%