> I went throught the following drill last week and was successful. Get
> http://azz.us-lot.org/kernel-drm-4.1.0.tar.gz and compile using:
>
>   make linux  (or something like that)

Actually, 'xmkmf ; make -f Makefile.linux'.

> The resulting .o files replace those in
> /lib/modules/2.4.5-3mdk/kernel/drivers/char/drm.
> Note the i810 module does not get created. You might wish to backup the

I saw some mga files as well. Do these replace the mga directory in
XF 4.1? Do you still need to get (or copy) the matrox driver from the
Matrox web site? I did this for X 4.0.3, in addition to building it from
source.

I use a monolithic 2.4.x kernel and am wondering what to do with this
kernel-drm-4.1.0 file. I built it, but should I just copy files into
my linux source tree and rebuild?