:-) yup - number 3 is the answer.  I know from the previous times at this
point that it's not going to boot; now I just want to see if maybe there's
a bug in mkinitrd or something like that?

Mike

--
Michael Holt
Banning, CA                        (o_

      Bad or missing mouse driver. Spank the cat? (Y/N)