On Sat, 5 Apr 2003 06:34 am, Ronald J. Hall wrote:
> Every so often, the mouse
> dies (no power). I can unplug it, plug it into another USB port (not with
> the same group though) and it is instantly back on. Unplugging it from the
> original port it was in and plugging it right back in has no effect. Time
> varies that it takes for this to happen. When this happens, the printer
> also will not print (USB bus busy, will retry in 30 seconds) but it never
> does print.

I had the same issue on my GigaByte GA-7VAX1394, until I passed acpi=off to
the kernel at boot (put it in lilo.conf and lilo -t, lilo -v)

Now ACPI did work on the board except for that, but I found a message in
dmesg, stating that an unknown something-or-other-to-do-with-APIC had been
found, and could I mail the maintainer, so I´m guessing that this board is
simply too new ....
--
 john in sydney
 Mandrake Linux 9.0, Kernel version: 2.4.21-0.13mdk