Hi Mate,

I bet you got the exact same Problem I had using the Mdk-2.4.21 kernels.
Add:

acpi=off

To you LILO Append line. The Problem is that the kernel is now able to actually use Interrupt vectors. One my Motherboard however - (Asus A7N8X Delux), these did fail. Everything having had an Interrupt higher than 15 was subject to not beeing able to reserve the Slot - thus timed out.

With this LIne in LILO append of the appropriate kernel - it should work again.

Cheers

Joerg

Ronald J. Hall wrote:
I posted this message (similiar) twice to the newbie list and got zero responses:

This is the first time I've ever used USB and its been rock-solid up to a little while ago.

I've got a Logittech USB mouse and a Epson C62 USB printer. Both were found and installed flawlessly by 9.0 of Mandrake.

I've got a Soyo Dragon plus MB with 4 ports enabled. Every so often, the mouse dies (no power). I can unplug it, plug it into another USB port (not with the same group though) and it is instantly back on. Unplugging it from the original port it was in and plugging it right back in has no effect. Time varies that it takes for this to happen. When this happens, the printer also will not print (USB bus busy, will retry in 30 seconds) but it never does print.

Anyone have any ideas? The mouse works fine on the other 2 comps I have here and does not do this. I'm not very familiar with USB stuff, but I did try:

service usb restart

and

service cups restart

but they had no effect.

Thanks!

| Joerg Mertin              :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]                (Home)|
| in Neuchâtel/Schweiz      :  [EMAIL PROTECTED]     (Work)|
| Stardust's LiNUX System   :                                          |
| PGP 2.6.3in Key on Demand :  Voice & Fax: +41(0)32 / 725 52 54       |
Home-Page: http://www.solsys.org