On Saturday 05 Apr 2003 3:27 pm, Damian Gatabria wrote:
> On Saturday 05 April 2003 11:06, Anne Wilson wrote:
> > I want to set up GnomeMeeting, but have a problem with the video source.
> > I have the choice of /dev/video0 and /dev/video1, with not possibility of
> > entering another source so far as I can see.  My camera is /dev/sdb, so I
> > presume that I somehow have to create a /dev/video0 that is linked to
> > /dev/sdb.  Can anyone tell me how to do that, please?
> >
> > Anne
>
> Dis you try `ln -s /dev/sdb /dev/video0` ?
> or maybe a hard link? `ln /dev/sdb /dev/video0` ..
>
> HTH
>

> Damian
 Hi, Damien.

I guess I'm not understanding this well.  As a storage device it is seen as
sdb1.  As a pc camera, the hardware list just gives

Vendor: Unknown

Bus: USB

Location on the bus: 0:11b

Module: unknown

Media class:

The hard link was not allowed, and the symbolic link didn't work, so I must be
going about this the wrong way.  All ideas gratefully received. :-)

Anne
--
Registered Linux User No.293302