Can you test the drive under another OS or in another system?  I've had
this happen, and seen it happen cdroms before.  I became quite bad, to
the point where, if the computer was on, the cdrom would eject.  Kind of
annoying seeing as it made the drive completely unusable.

Does it do this for all movies?

Hez