richard bown wrote:

Thanks Jack, but I just managed to make a straight copy on to the cd, so
there's a bit I've missed  ?
TIA
Richard

Ref: file:/usr/share/doc/xcdroast-0.98/FAQ

Q:
17. Uh...I feel stupid but how to write downloaded ISO-images?

A:
If you downloaded an ISO-image (e.g. a linux distribution) you have
to copy that big file (extension should be .iso) first to an
image-directory of X-CD-Roast. You specify these directories in Setup
at the "HD Settings" tab. These are the places where X-CD-Roast will
look for audio (.wav) or data tracks.
Now you enter the "Create CD" menu and you will see your image-file
displayed nicely in the "Image-Information" window. Go to
"Write Tracks" -> click on "Layout tracks" tab, add your image-file,
click on "Accept track layout" and finally a click at "Write tracks"
will write that image perfectly to your CD-R/RW.