Greetings all,

I cannot get Mozilla to start up, either from the menu, from the
taskbar, which does "soundwrapper /usr/bin/mozilla %u", or from
a shell, either "/usr/bin/mozilla" or the above.

When launched from the menu or taskbar, the hourglass tumbles for
about 30 seconds and then disappears with no mozilla started.

When the /usr/bin/mozilla script is run, no processes are started
either.

The .mozilla directory is empty.

Other large apps such as OpenOffice or Koffice start OK.
Evolution too. Galeon segfaults but that's another problem.

The box has 384 MB memory and free showed about a 1/3 of that
available when I first started trying to start Mozilla.  Swap is
on, but not yet used.

Thanks in advance for any help as to how to troubleshoot.

Steven