Good day everyone,

After getting my hand on the new version of Winex 3, I have observed that it
is much slower than it's predecessor, especially when run on Mandrake 9.1.

On remedy to this is not to use the pre-built RPM and compile from CVS
instead: I saw a TWO-FOLD increase in display performance afterwards. It is
really worth it, even if there were some minor problems associated the
compilation (mostly library dependencies that were easily soled using urpmi
(tm)).

One last small problem that I had to solve was that Winex whined about being
unable to find the libntdll.so library. A quick search provided it's
location: /usr/local/lib, which was not added to /etc/ld.so.conf when doing
the "make install". Manual modification of the file was therefore required,
followed by ldconfig. Problem solved :)

Time to get back to my Panzer General 2 campaign ;)