On Mon, 2003-10-06 at 21:33, T. Ribbrock wrote:
> > Dunno what list reply you refer to.
>
> Then your mail program doesn't seem to have it. In "mutt", if I hit
> "r" for "reply", I reply to the sender, i.e. to whoever is in "From:",
> unless it's overruled by "Reply-To:". When I hit "g" for
> "group-reply", I reply to all mailaddresses in the header (From:, Cc:)
> and if I hit "L", I do a "list-reply", i.e. I reply to the mailing
> list (though I have to tell mutt to which mailing lists I'm
> subscribed). As I said, great functionality - pity that not all mail
> clients have it.

almost all do -- evolution, which James uses, does. However, this fact
is irrelevant; you might as well point out that we have the option to
use twm, if we wanted to. The point is that I and many others like the
list to rewrite reply-to, for all the reasons that I have written at
http://www.monkeynoodle.org/comp/reply-to. If you've read that page and
remain unconvinced, just as I've read the alternative positions and
remain unconvinced, then we might as well agree to disagree and let it
go.

--
Jack Coates
I'm a North-Going Zax, and I always go north!