[EMAIL PROTECTED] [EMAIL PROTECTED] schrieb am Tue, 7 Oct 2003
09:41:07 -0700 (PDT):

> Exactly, I want my numlock on always -- too -- not in the ¨Off¨
> state -- except for the few moments between shutdown and boot --
> and maybe during the time ¨startx¨ is doing it´s thing -- I know
> this is possible -- it used to do this behavior -- now it doesn´t.

1. /etc/rc.d/init.d/numlock has to be run on boot. If you boot into
runlevel 5 (multiuser graphical environment) then you have in
/etc/rc.d/rc5.d a link like @S85numlock which points to
/etc/init.d/numlock

2. You have a file /etc/profile.d which shows:

#Linux Mandrake configuration
#  This is needed as login resets the tty

MY_TTY=tty
case $MY_TTY in
   /dev/tty[0-9]*) && setleds -D +num < $MY_TTY;;
esac
unset MY_TTY

This was set up during installation and works in console as well as in X
because X runs on tty7 (and tty8 for a second X) which is included in
the script.

That's how it works for me in 9.2RC2.  I haven't yet found a means to
set this in a GUI.

wobo