I would've thought so too.  But I got an error when trying to access it
through fabric.api.  Thought it might've made a difference that i was doing
a * import but that shouldn't matter and it didn't when I tested.  Are you
saying this is a bug?

from fabric.api import *

output['debug'] = True

NameError: name 'output' is not defined

####
from fabric.api import output

output['debug'] = True

ImportError: cannot import name output

####
from fabric.state import output

output['debug'] = True

{'status': True, 'running': True, 'stderr': True, 'warnings': True, 'debug':
True, 'aborts': True, 'stdout': True}

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:26 AM, Christian Vest Hansen <karmazi...@gmail.com