Hi,

I'm having some difficulty getting the Space Invaders demo to run. First
off, the MAMEWorld link in the "Space Invaders Emulator" article now goes to
the default MAMEWorld home page. Clicking on the link "Legal Roms" under
"The Emulator" brings me to a page with ROMs, but none for Space Invaders.
Fortunately, the first link in a Google search for "space invader roms"
brought me to
http://www.romnation.net/srv/roms/23370/mame/Space-Invaders.html where I was
able to download a zip file that contained the four files referenced in the
emulator article. Each file is only 2k bytes each, which seems tiny by
today's standards!

Anyway, I put the files in a subdirectory named "invaders" off the
factor/extra/space-invaders directory. I then set the variable "rom-root" to
point to the directory using: "some_location" rom-root set-global . For
"some_location" I tried everything from "." and "./invaders" to the complete
path from "/" down to the invaders subdirectory. With every iteration,
running "run-invaders" gives me the error message "The image refers to a
library or symbol that was not found at load time". Typing: rom-root :get
confirms that I entered the location that I thought I entered.

Did I just not hit on the right value for "some_location" or is something
else wrong?

Thanks,

--John