On 11/03/2014 03:05 PM, John Benediktsson wrote:
Okay, we switched to using alien.libraries.finder to look for C libraries instead of hard-coding their paths.

Seems logical.

Sounds like there is something about your setup that is not able to work.

Setup here is pretty mundane.

Ubuntu 14.04, with Openbox window-manager.

Installed Ubuntu with a minimum-install-cd, and then pulled in necessary packages over the network with apt-get.

Before unpacking Factor 0.96, I copied and pasted an apt-get command from somewhere in factorcode.org, which installed the necessary packages for factor.

The command is now ...

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev libpango1.0-dev libx11-dev libgl1-mesa-dev

... at http://concatenative.org/wiki/revision/2023 .

Seem to remember, though, that the command included more packages before.

After running the command just now, tried again to open the listener in 0.97.

Got the same error message.

Would it be easier to help us debug it or would you like me to show you how to revert GTK to its previous behavior? Or both?

Both sounds fun.

Sorry it's not working!

It's ok.  If a great coding idea comes to me, 0.96 is still working.

Sorry that Algol took over the world in 1960!

Thanks,
John.

Cheers,
mrw