Ok, if you look at the top of gtk.ffi vocabulary, you'll see the new way we
look for libraries:

    <<
     "gtk" {
        { linux "gtk-x11-2.0" }
        { windows "libgtk-win32-2.0-0" }
    } os of [ find-library cdecl add-library ] when*

You can test how well the find-library mechanism works by trying it in your
listener:

    IN: scratchpad "gtk-x11-2.0" find-library .
    "/usr/lib/libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0"

If you want to revert back to the old mechanism, you can replace that "new
way" with this "old way":

    <<
     "gtk" {
        { [ os windows? ] [ "libgtk-win32-2.0-0.dll" cdecl add-library ] }
        { [ os macosx? ] [ drop ] }
        { [ os unix? ] [ "libgtk-x11-2.0.so" cdecl add-library ] }
    } cond

Hopefully this can get you up and running on the 0.97 release, but I would
like to figure out why our find-library isn't working on Ubuntu 14.04.

Thanks,
John.