On Mon, Mar 20, 2017, at 01:47 PM, Alexander Ilin wrote:

> I'm still hanging on to my x86 machine at home.

Fiiiiiine: just for you, assuming you have VS2017's Build Tools, CMake, and
Python 3 (any version) installed, you ought to be able to grab
https://github.com/bpollack/udis86 and get a nice new DLL via

    vsdevcmd -arch=amd64 (or vsdevcmd.bat -arch=x86 in your case)

    python scripts\ud_itab.py docs\x86\optable.xml libudis86

    cmake . -DCMAKE_WINDOWS_EXPORT_ALL_SYMBOLS=TRUE -
    DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=TRUE
    nmake

udcli.exe will fail to build, but you'll get a nice
libudis86\libudis86.dll that you can drop next to factor.exe and be
happy on either x86 or amd64, as selected. (udcli.exe fails only because
I was too lazy to fix some issues converting libudis86 from a static to
a dynamic lib. If you speak CMake more fluently than I do, feel free to
patch that up.)

So! As long as you've got a Factor compatible/built with VS2017 (why
not?) we've got a udis86 and a libressl we can use. I'll get both
these put up on my server in the next day or so. Any other libraries I
should look at?

Also, given how useful the disassemble word is, and the fact that
upstream udis86 seems very dead, I'm happy to ditch udcli.exe, move this
into the Factor GitHub project, and attach the thing to AppVeyor if
y'all want. This is not a case where I'm super concerned about a hard
fork. Besides, it might give us some motivation to just rewrite the
thing in Factor.

Hopefully this helps out a bit.

Cheers,

--Benjamin