Both of you are making good points.  We don't see any major
difference between your ideas.  I would just like to add something to
the discussion about the point relating to the 'mistake of the
intellect'.  This mistake can be the contributing factor of those who
are agnostics or atheists.  I believe they have created a human set
of values into which the Divine is supposed to fulfill before they
will accept Its existence.  However, the Divine is beyond these set
of values.  Hence, they fail to see the message.  But I doubt if one
can convince them otherwise.

I believe this issue is depicted in the story of the war between the
good and bad angels.  Similarly, the same message is made in the
vedic story of the demigods and demons battling for the pot of amrita
created by their churning of the ocean of milk.

In the end, one can only say, "to each his own".

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bronte Baxter
> <brontebaxter8@> wrote:
> >
> >   Bill wrote:
> >   The soul is a pure reflection of God called the Jivatma, when
in >the
> > beginning when it was tempted by Lucifer (maya/avidya) in the
Garden