Bronte Baxter wrote:
> Another reason I left, though, was that they really were completely unwilling
> to deal with the questions I, personally, have about the whole enlightenment
> trip.  I was born in Nazi Germany, saw the tail end of the war myself, and
> then grew up in an environment in which all kinds of Nazis (including
> bliss-Nazis) tried to come to terms with the experience of the Third Reich.
> My physics teacher in  High School  had been a famous scientist and a member
> of the SS and, because early one morning he caught me meditating, we became
> friends as well.  To him, and to my mother, meditation meant fascism.  A
> vegetarian, Hitler was guru to the SS, in every sense of the word, and he did
> group meditations with the top brass.

I would say the Nazi's hijacked the "New Age" (which is really the "old
age") for their purposes.  And yes when we have the NeoCons saying they
are "creating reality" then we really do have some nut cases using some
"new age" type philosophy.   But we know that meditation does not equal
fascism and is in fact totally the opposite as it's goal is liberation.
Meditation organizations can equal fascism though, especially if they
are more of a cult and members very judgmental.