Vaj wrote:
  As you know, the Vedas depict many great demons, such as Ravana, as being
extremely charismatic, learned, and highly evolved. In some cases the story is
told that the demon had the choice of being born into a series of righteous
lives or one demonic life in which they would be killed by the Lord and thus
liberated. They chose the demonic life. I don’t presume to know the karmic
mechanics behind the holocaust. The perpetrators of it, and especially Hitler,
certainly seemed evil by all normal standards, but the universe is a strange
place. Who can say with certainty where Hitler’s soul is now? Is he suffering
in hell or was he really some great soul that chose to play a role very
distasteful by civilized standards? I would like to think he’s suffering in
hell, but who really knows? It seems the light and dark forces are always
balancing each other out. There need to be great souls on both sides. In the
ultimate analysis, is one side really “good” and the other “bad,” or is
 it all just a big Lila? I’d say yes, in the relative, good and bad both exist
and I’d rather be on the good side. But is that God’s perspective, or just my
limited relative viewpoint? Ultimately, isn’t it all just God playing all the
roles to entertain Himself? Obviously I have more questions than answers.

  ----------

  My friend’s response was that that attitude was a cop-out which allowed
people to rationalize all sorts of mischief by gurus and other leaders.

  Bronte writes:
  Your response that "maybe Hitler's actions were all for the cosmic purpose"
is precisely an example of the kind of thinking Angela says the Nazis
perpetrated to excuse their own behaviors. She says the phrase "established in
Being, perform action" -- one of Maharishi primary slogan's -- was used. You've
added some strong evidence to Angela's allegation that the purpose of
meditative movements is to take people over and control their minds.  - Bronte

Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
            Dedicated to Nablososs

  Jai Guru Dev

  Love,

  Sri Sri Vaj
  Illuminati Headquarters
  Brocken Mountain, Germany

  from Msg.# 16079

  Maharishi on Hitler

  This is from a Jewish friend who was full-time in the TMO for many years,
including Purusha and International Staff in Vlodrop and elsewhere. He’s now
with a different teacher. We had a private discussion about this a couple of
months ago and I asked if I could post this. He said I could but asked that I
not mention his name.

  --------

  Some time after being on Purusha, I discovered, to my great amazement, that
some German Purusha were wearing swastikas under their ties, celebrating
Hitler's birthday, and generally feeling very bully about the whole thing. I
remembered what Frank Pappentine told me a few years back during our 6-month
course in Arosa (we were good friends during that course): that Maharishi had
met with the Germans in Seelisberg and told them that the Allies presented
Hitler as a great demon to suppress the German morale, that the facts were
different and that Hitler was, in fact, a good strong leader.

  I heard that from Maharishi myself, in Washington DC in 1983, when a reporter
asked him what he thought of Hitler. He said, that Hitler was actually a good
strong leader who unified Germany, it's just too bad that he did so much
indiscriminate killing.

  All these caused me quite a shock at the time, and finally I decided to
confront a question that had bothered me from childhood: how could intelligent,
sophisticated Germans (and some of the leaders of his party and the SS were
indeed sophisticated and intelligent) follow him? Some of them were reputed to
be lovers of classical music, devoted husbands, doting fathers, fond of animals
and loved to tend their rose gardens -- but had no problem going to work in the
morning, work being the extermination of yet another transport of thousands of
Jews.

  I asked one of my German "friends" to get me some Nazi literature about
Hitler, that I was interested in learning more about how THEY viewed him. One
of them got me a few magazines which were published on high-quality paper, with
no ads (so a lot of money was involved). The magazines were all in German. I
struggled through the articles, and was particularly struck by two of them: one
about Hitler's love affairs, and another an account by his driver, who was the
last person to see Hitler alive.

  The one about the love affairs was interesting: it turned out, that although
he was partially impotent -- some of his aids were constantly on the lookout
for any medical doctor who could provide him with a preparation to increase his
potency -- once he had an affair with a woman, that woman was so enamored with
him, that when he left her she committed suicide. This has happened a number of
times. It even happened in the case of a British woman, who was in England when
Churchill declared war, so she could not return to Germany and committed
suicide from agony. Such was his charisma and power over people.

  But what was much more revealing to me was the account of his driver. As he
was describing Hitler's last hours, he was speaking about the terrible loss and
bereavement that he experienced -- and there was something heartbreaking about
his devotion to Hitler. I'm serious: I completely identified with his intense
emotions. I was only familiar with such powerful emotions in relationship to
God or to one's Guru -- but here was a person who was relating to Hitler in
this way, and was still lamenting his death so many years later, knowing all
that he had done!

  I later on saw a BBC 6-hr documentary program on the rise of Nazism. They
interviewed a person who worked with him closely at one point. And that person
spoke about Hitler with the same passion that one speaks of one's Guru. He
described his experience of interacting with Hitler -- there's no other way to
describe it, except a spiritual experience -- and said, in this regard: "I saw
this side of Hitler, Hitler's most beautiful side; and no one can take it away
from me. That is the Hitler I know and cherish".

  Why am I saying all this? Because that was the first time I understood how
Hitler could have done what he had done. People who came in contact with him
had a spiritual experience, and you know how such a profound experience often
makes you surrender your discriminating ability. And you can even do atrocities.

  It was also the first time I realized that the power of spiritual people to
give experience is potentially dangerous. It made me realize, that had I been a
non-Jewish German at the time of Hitler, I could have potentially joined to
Nazi party -- if that was the transmission that came out of Hitler.

  My response to this was:

  This is interesting stuff. As you know, the Vedas depict many great demons,
[...]

FareChase.