--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> First of all: Thanks for your answer Curtis. My comments follow.

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, t3rinity <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues"

> God"
> > >
> > > Or not. Most reasons are rationalizations, as brain research suggests.
> > > What you think to be 'my decision' or 'my reason' is very often, if
> > > not always a later rationalization of processes in the brain which are
> > > under the threshold of your awareness. And yet you feel sure (most of
> > > us do) that its us doing it, us thinking and us being independent.
> >
> > A lack of compelling evidence has nothing to do with unconscious
> > processes.  I don't feel independent of unconscious processes.  Quite
> > the opposite, I use them for my art.
>
> When you say: 'I use them for my art' you obviously feel in charge
> that you have some kind of control of what is conscious and what is
> unconscious, its exactly that which I am doubting.This transition of
> unconscious processes to conscious ones is something we are obviously
> not aware of, so how could 'you' possibly control them? I know what
> you mean, and I am sure that you have worked out a means to be
> creative in that way, but I am obviously challenging he overall
> picture. Which is that the I, ego is in control.

Curtis, this is addressed to you and I'm sure you will respond, but.....may I ?
Trinity3, why would you doubt that he doesn't feel independent of unconscious
processes,
and that he uses them (uncoscious processes) for his art ?  It seems that
Curtis is fully one
with the creative expressions from their inception, through their expression
through his
art, in his case blues music performance.  The concept of control of the
process was
introduced by your question, and isn't what he asserts.   He seems to be a
fully
enlightened artist, at one with the first creative impulse, through its
relative expression of
his own voice, guitar, and physical expression.  Expanding the range of
awareness of the
conscious mind to percieve the first impulses of creativity is what FFLers have
been doing
naturally for a very long time.
-Mainstream