Darn,  I thought for a moment you were going to propose some kind of
solution to this situation, but instead it was a kind of open ended
commentary.  For the record, it was hard for me to see Bronte
lasting long here. I enjoyed it while it lasted.  It's just a
pattern -  females with strong opinions, or insights, just don't
last. (Judy excluded)  Bronte plays for keeps.  She's not some
specimen from the wild brought in for people's amusement. Rick,
inviting her to joing WNC with its more genteel ways was inviting
disaster.  WNC, as I envision it, not being a member, doesn't want
that degree of controversy.

I'll miss her, thats fer sure.

lurk

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, kaladevi93 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> from the Wednesday Night Satsang List:
>
> Hi y'all,
>
> Rick gets private letters asking him to boot Bronte, and Bronte
gets private letters in
> support of her stance.  Well, now, doesn't that say it all?  Why
can't everyone be up front
> about this?
>
> I never said that I thought current Ff thought was as bad as
German fascism, but I do think
> the two are compatible modes of thought.  One is more extreme than
the other.  The Ff
> scene wants to project genteel peace at the moment, rather than
holy warrior, and I find
> genteel peace insufferably phony---and not only phony, but, at
bottom, icy cold and
> judgmental.  And so I certainly agree with Bronte that the
Wednesday Night group has a
> tendency to be condescending.  That's why I've not been attending,
though I do enjoy
> reading some of the posts.  By no means all, however.  In the
posts, too, there is stuff
> that's too patronizing for me.  And a patronizing attitude is
somehow even harder to take
> when it comes from a female.
>
> That said, I'm going to be insufferably condescending myself.  The
Wednesday night group
> is pretty much where my head was at thirty five years ago.  I was
waking up then, and a
> group would have been nice.  There wasn't one.  And I was
insufferably arrogant because I