--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>wrote:
>
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, TurquoiseB <no_reply@>
> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
> > <dhamiltony2k5@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Yes, that wonder can happen this way.  My experience too.  You
> might
> > > like this video deconstruction as it is told.  Sort of an
Advaitan-
biology lesson.

> > > I had the nearly exact same kind of experience about ten years
> ago
> > > as this woman's was. I have written some things like this but
> her
> > > video presentation is much better multi-media getting at 'it',
> as
> > > in describing the larger universal 'what an i' without metaphor
> or
> > > needing folk mythos.
> > >
> > > Take a look at this video:
> > >
> > > Stroke of Insight
> > >
> > > http://www.ted.com:80/talks/view/id/229
> >

> FWIW, the second to last of Shiva-suutras (Kashmir Shaivism)
> goes like this:
>
> nAsikAntarmadhyasaMyamAt kimatra
>  savyApasavyasaushhumneshhu (SS III 45)
>
> Without sandhi it might be something like this:
>
> nAsikA+antar-madhya-saMyamAt kim atra savya+apasavya-sauSumneSu.
>
> An "ultraliteral", quite awkward translation could be:
>
> nose-interior-middle-sanyama-from what here left-right-relating-
> to-suSumna_s[1]-in
>
> The last compound word (savya-apasavya-sauSumneSu) seems to
> refer (at least) to the naDiis called iDaa, pin.galaa and
> suSumnaa. But I have absolutely no idea, why the last component
> of this compound is 'sauSumna'(the suffix [e]Su is that of
> locative plural) instead of 'suSumna', of which it is the
> so called vRddhi derivative, often having the meaning 'relating
> to.. ', in this case 'relating to suSumna'.
>
> One possible explanation, though prolly highly unlikely could
> be, that 'right', 'left' and 'relating-to-suSumna' don't actually
> refer (only?) to the naDiis but (also?) to the hemispheres of the
> brain and corpus callosum, the thang that connects those
> hemispheres! :0
>
> [1] The last component is in plural, because that's the way
> things are when we are dealing with a dvandva compound of
> more than two (2) components (In which case the suffix
> would be that of words in dual number, which actually
> is quite, er, "handy", namely the fact that a language has
> a dual in addition to singular and plural. The meaning
> at least here is -- despite the fact that the ending is that
> of a plural word form -- most prolly, singular.)

cardemaister
yur making my brain work hard.

Dear Carde,

Om, these notes you make relate to that other parallel thread of
Nirvikalpa Samadhi also.

Yes, is different than just TM or the TM-sidhis.  Actually the folks
who do speak and teach to this which you bring up are Karunamayi
http://karunamayi.org/   and Mother Meera   http://mrreddy.org/  ,
or     http://www.mothermeerahomecolorado.org/links.html .  They are
folks to sit with that can help with these things.  Also Ammachi
through her IAM technique  http://www.amma.org/, .  I'm sure there
are some others.

These though are where old TMmovement'ers can readily go to for more
advanced help with their progress.  In western world can also go to
just Janet Sussman in FF for spiritual help with these things.  She
is very helpful practically on this kind of work too.  She is often
listed in advertizements in the FF Weekly Reader.
http://www.fairfieldtoday.com/

Dr. David R. Hawkins out in Az.
http://www.veritaspub.com/index.php
is good on this too.  Old TM'ers should be able to quickly relate to
these westerners if they don't wish to attach to another teacher from
India for help.

Life in FF.

Jai Guru Dev,

-Doug in FF