On Mar 30, 2008, at 2:07 PM, endlessrainintoapapercup wrote:

Vaj, what distinction is there
between the unenlightened on
any path? Whether the ignorant
adhere to belief in god or to belief
in no god, the problems of injustice
and atrocities are directly attributed
to ignorance.  The atheists and
the god-believers are all equally
capable of evil and will create or
adopt structures of belief  and
images of god that reflect and
condone their own ignorance
and limitation.

Yes, I agree since relatively speaking any vehicle for destruction can be a demonic influence on life. But then why have religious peoples who commit wars and atrocities at all?

And what difference is there between
paths to enlightenment? There is
One Reality which is known or not
known. This Reality is all that is.

Well I know some would agree with such an absolute statement. But no, I don't believe that there is One reality that is all there is. But absolutists do believe that.

We live in the illusion of many
teachings and many paths, but
when the One Reality is known,
it is found to be everywhere
equally, in all teachings and
paths.

I never was a fan of perennialism, the so-called philosophia perennis. Just more philosophical BS to me (sorry)...