> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "gruntlespam" <gruntlespam@> wrote:
> [...]
> > How amazing it would have been if she'd tried these other buddhist
> > meditations, and
> then
> > been able to learn TM for say just $100 in a simple and un-strange
> > environment. It
> would
> > have been great to see what her experience would have been. You would have
thought
> > that they would have at least taught her - but no; that's just not what
> > there about.
>
> How do you know they wouldn't have taught her?
>
> The problems are:
>
> 1) the course is 4 days long and she's supposed to make a time commitment to
> practice
> regularly at least during the days of instruction;
> 2) she would need at least a checking session or two to make sure she's "got
> it";
> 3) the non-disclosure agreement probably puts off ANY reporter;
> 4) even assuming all of the above wasn't an issue and that they taught her
> for free,
she'd
> need to learn TM at least 2 weeks prior to filming any part where she
> discussed her
> experience with it.
>
> Not practical, IMHO.
>

> Lawson

Good points - but do you think they would have insisted on charging
 her the $2,500? Would they have perhaps made an exception as she
 was a journalist? I don't think so - but I could be wrong.

I don't think that she/the production team would have paid, even if it
 was practical as such. They weren't into comparing different types of
 meditation as such - once she had learn't one way, and got some
results, that was the end of it it seemed.

She never really seemed to be interested in "what" meditation really
was in a deeper sense, plus she seemed to just feel that one type of
meditation was the same as another. But possibly this was just a limitation
 of the show.