--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Denise Evans <dmevans365@...> wrote:

> <snip>
>
> > "When I encounter someone on the Internet who combines an
> > over-weaning sense of their own self importance with an
> > almost pathological need to use as many words as humanly
> > possible to convince others of that importance, all while
> > coming up with a near-absolute dearth of creative ideas
> > (or even original ideas), I tend to react to them the way
> > Dogbert does in the cartoon I posted recently, by waving
> > my paw at them and saying "Bah."
>
> Whew...lotta words in this there sentence :)

LOL. True. There are several possible explanations for
this. It's possible that while ranting about those who
tend to become a tad...uh...long-winded, I was possessed
by one of their spirits and channeled them, unable to
help myself. Or it could be that I was using an example
of long-windedness to make my point. Another possibility,
one that I fully admit to stooping to from time to time,
is that it could be a "planted error," intended to draw
fire from our resident compulsive editor, thus causing
her to post out more quickly. Or (and this is probably
closest to the truth), I was trying to type fast because
one of my housemates wanted me to go to the market with
them, and thus I skimped on my usual running self-edit
process. Whatever the reason, mea culpa :-)

I stand by the gist of my assessment, although not its
form -- self importance, lack of creative and original
thought, and the wisdom of the Dogbert approach to such
people, and their writing.  :-)