--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bhairitu <noozguru@> wrote:
>
> > As my buddy on my TM Sidhis course said, "these people have
> > overstimulated intellects."  Years later I found out why and that is
> > because agni mantras like Saraswati mantras will over stimulate the
> > intellect unless balancing measures are taken.  People also become more
> > vata practicing them and will tend to ramble when they write.
>

> Isn't it good enough that you just don't dig what we are serving up?   Not
> your cup of tea.  This attempt to make it into a pathology just makes you
> look like you can't get beyond your own personal preferences and understand
> that other people are interested in different things.
>
> And the ancient texts that invented the thoery you are proposing here are
> very long, I've read both the Charaka and Shushruta Samhitas. Lots of words,
> pages of them. Did Charak suffer from this malady you describe?  And don't
> even try the angle that he was not wordy, the dude extolled the benefits of
> his quackery in glowing flowery terms like adjectives on parade.
>
> Did you know that mentally ill people might be possessed not only by a demon,
> but by a god?  In this case you need to do a puja to the god rather than an
> exorcism.  My only problem is that they recommend crocodile semen as medicine
> but fail to describe the process for how to collect it?  I'm thinking you
> need to dress up as on of those sexy crocs you see in Disney movies with the
> tutu and the long eyelashes.

Curtis, How can we judge something without understanding the time, place,
context and the people that were being addressed to? May be crocodile semen was
a metaphor, a joke perhaps that you were out of your fucking mind that there
could be a medicine for that ailment and others around had a big belly laugh.

Your distrust of anything and everything Eastern borders on paranoia sometimes,
may be a lot happened during your time in the TM cult that perhaps explains it
but it is one of the things that bothers me personally, coming as it from a
person who otherwise comes across as being very open-minded and intelligent.