"Sure beats arguing the points, eh?" Please, if you are a person of principle,
Curtis, answer my five-part post—your only response to that was a brief
Ebenezer which essentially shot the messenger. I make no claims about the
Shroud of Turin Image; I do however, sense the extreme need of you to deny any
evidence of what would constitute a refutation of your reductionist
naturalistic view of reality and the universe. One would think from reading one
of your posts, Curtis, that you are the last person to step away from a fight.
But I have found you several times now unwilling to go to the front. I wrote
that five-part post as an answer and challenge to your philosophy; you have
chosen, in essence, to just blow it off. And then continue, as if you *have*
answered me. And you haven't. That five-part post was a summing up of my own
philosophy and a way to bring our 6 months comprehensive dialogue to its
climactic point of necessary tension. I don't know that much about the Shroud
of Turin Image, but I do know this: you would make of any writer or scientist
who is impressed by the mystery (and therefore possible authenticity) of The
Shroud an idiot—having the same creditability as the Tampa Bay housewife who
sees Jesus's image on a piece of toast. Your dogmatism is unconscious, Curtis,
but it sometimes drives and drives you. As it does here most certainly. Your
analysis is ultra-Voltairian and ex parte. It is unreasonable. Your claim is
too peremptory and imperious. Curtis ex cathedra. But hey, man! I still like
the way you sing them blues. And I would be an idiot and moral monster if I
denied that talking with you—until about a month ago—was one of the supreme
adventures of my life. Have I made myself clear, dear boy? We should—if you are
not going to answer my 5-parter—have a formal debate: Lady Gaga will be the
moderator. The resolution: "There are more things under heaven and earth than
dreamed of in your philosophy, Curtis".

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "curtisdeltablues" <curtisdeltablues@...>