MJ, I can't speak for you or your friends poor or sad experiences. I am glad
that you can allow for the possibility of my own satisfying experience with it
all. My experience with the TM Movement and around Maharishi has been one of
quite satisfying spirituality. Possibly though when I began at an early age I
was never enmeshed as a devotee but rather as just a practitioner and
participant that way and not much dependent on the organization other than for
its facilitating meditating and group meditations. All along it either worked
or if it would have not then I would have moved on. That may well have been in
the nature of my whole Iowa upbringing, different from others background.
 But in the meantime we all did a lot of large and great things with TM. Like
dragging science in to spirituality. As a transcendentalism movement we were
successful leaving a foot print on larger culture for all the campaigning we
did at a time out on the front line. It was revolutionary. I was glad to have
been on the 'long march' with Maharishi in his time. You can't take that away
from us for all of your blanket carping. We do share a brother-hood as
transcendentalists and Fairfield is still a fabulous place to live for its
being a meditator's place. It's a highly spiritual place and the MUM University
here is still a visionary's place to go to school along with others of like
high-mind. I'd go to school there. It is a place and an organization to be
proud of even now.

 Which would you rather experience: living the paradox or understanding it to
your satisfaction?

 I am here to plead Maharishi's cause with you. I plead not for his life, but
for his character — his immortal life; and so it becomes your cause wholly, and
is not his in the least. Some twenty-one hundred years ago Christ was
crucified; this morning, perchance, Maharishi Mahesh Yogi was hung again by
someone on FairfieldLife at Yahoo-Groups. These are the two ends of a chain
which is not without its links. He is not Old Maharishi any longer; he is an
angel of light.
 !Jai Maharishi Mahesh Yogi!
 -Buck in the Dome