A previous poster was also a big fan of trying to hold me accountable for
Barry's perspective. What is with you guys? Can't keep yer eye on the ball in a
discussion? You got a case of the Rama tourettes Richard or some wicked
Barry-centric ADD. Either way take that shit up with him if you want. We can do
better than run that tape loop together here can't we? I am only sleeping in
the bed I make for myself here.

 On 5/1/2014 8:30 PM, curtisdeltablues@... mailto:curtisdeltablues@... wrote:
 > R:
 > According to Harris, by paying close attention to moment-to-moment
 > conscious experience, it is possible to make our sense of "self" vanish
 > and thereby uncover a new state of personal well-being.
 >
 > 'The End of Faith: Religion, Terror, and the Future of Reason'
 > by SamHarris
 > W.W. Norton & Company, 2004
 > p. 214
 >
 > C: Excellent quote find Richard!
 >
 > What I believe distinguishes him from the Maharishi perspective is
 > that he does not identify the silent aspect of the mind with a higher
 > Self. This also corresponds with my own experience of using TM without
 > the belief system. I cannot say that what I used to consider my Self,
 > is the most important aspect of my identity. That move is an
 > intellectual one supported by the belief system and triggered by the
 > mahavakyas in Maharishi's system. Without that presumption it appears
 > as just another aspect of a multifaceted identity cluster which may or
 > may not be all illusion. I am fascinated by exploring this without the
 > usual assumptions from the Vedic perspective.
 >
 > Just sitting and noticing.
 >
 > Thanks for digging that up.

 Don't just do something, sit there. Now, about that Rama levitation
 event. LoL!

 ---
protection is active.