On 5/3/2014 3:18 PM, Michael Jackson wrote:
> you are wrong about that some aspects of the practice under certain
> circumstances leads to mental and emotional instability. To say what
> you are saying is to blame the victim - TM is not without side effects

Maybe you could explain to us how sitting down with your eyes closed for
a few minutes and thinking something over would have a "side effect".
What, exactly would happen to the average person who would be thinking
up a nonsense syllable, just like any other thought? Thanks for any help
you can give me.

Some random thoughts on meditation:

It has already been established by John Knapp over on the Trance-nut web
site that "TM" is nothing more than simply "napping" (no pundit
intended) for the large majority of people. I've never heard of anyone
complaining about taking a short nap, unless to say it wasn't long
enough. Go figure.

On the other hand, concentrated thinking on a complicated problem has
been shown to produce a psycho-physical side effect known in medical and
clinical studies as acute, severe headache. This has been demonstrated
in scientific blind-studies, published in peer-reviewed, learned
journals and on the internet. It's complicated.

---
is active.